Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Newsflash: Could This Happen to You?

This newsflash just came to my attention and I am shocked! This is an actual letter that was sent from the desk of the CEO of a network marketing company to its distributors on May 1, 2009. The name of the company is changed to protect the innocent. This is a must read for network marketers because it could happen to you.

Beginning of Newsflash

I would like to take a few moments to express my sincere and deep gratitude for your loyalty and support over the years. Company XYZ has always held and will continue to hold a large part of my heart.

Due to economic issues at this time, it has come to my realization that we are no longer able to offer the network marketing compensation model for our distributor family. It is with deep regret that I am announcing effective May 1, 2009 that we will suspend the enrollment of new distributors into our current compensation models and only pay commissions for any Fast Start Retail orders and/or distributor re-orders according to the existing compensation models of each respective company. All commissions for April 2009 (including Retail Fast Starts) will be processed by June 15, 2009 to allow for our generous return policy to process. Commissions for May 2009 will be processed by July 15, 2009 at our current compensation model of each existing company.

I realize that we need to take the lessons of this sour economy to heart and offer a true opportunity to any individual to earn a few hundred extra dollars or more per month on the simple philosophy of offering great products to individual consumers. Therefore, prior to June 1st 2009, I look forward to offering an opportunity to our current distributor base to continue marketing Company XYZ products through an affiliate/direct sales model that will pay one level of commission. This program is similar to the already successful distribution program through the Company XYZ retail compensation, but will allow us greater flexibility in meeting the financial decision needs of our consumer while allowing the continued financial gain of our distributor base.

I realize many of you may have questions and concerns, but please keep in mind that my goal is to keep you fully aware of any and all issues moving forward. I personally look forward to making our affiliate/direct sales program available to you on June 1st that allows any individual to earn income from the sale of products alone. Stay tuned for more information regarding that program.

Thank you for your patience and support.

End of Newsflash

I shouldn't be surprised because my friend and mentor, Michael Dlouhy, told me this happens often in the network marketing industry when Pillar No. 1 (Company Management with Integrity & MLM Experience) is missing. Do you see what has happened here? The dedicated distributors who worked to build a business with this network marketing company will no longer receive the residual income they worked so hard to create. The company on the other hand gets to keep all the customers that their loyal distributors introduced to them. This company's loyalty does not lie with the distributors. It's motto is "company first; distributors last." If, however, they had any sense of loyalty to their distributors, the ones who built their customer database, this would never happen.

How would you feel if you received this newsflash? Even better, how would you like to make sure this never happens to you? Yes, you can avoid this. How? By accepting the network marketing education and training that my team and I offer. This generic information can save you from receiving a newsflash like this.

Arm yourself with the truth and know what to look for in a network marketing company. Start your network marketing education today by downloading Success in 10 Steps. It's absolutely free!

Be The Leader You Were Created To Be!

Lidie Gray
A Leader with a Servant's Heart
270-385-9885
lidiegray@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lidi, awesome information! I sure am glad that wasn't my company.

Eric W Wheeler
www.ericwwheeler.net

LeatherMessengerBagsForMen said...

What a great article to put things into perspective. It seems harder and harder to find great companies out there. I read the ebook and all I can say is that I wish I had access to this information years ago. I sure could have saved a lot of my valuable time.

Thanks a million